State Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
Australian government has various programs crafted specially according to the varied applications received by the Department of Home Affairs. Some professions are unable to find space in Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL); therefore, in that case they find a place in the State nomination occupation list called as Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). These professions as suggested by name are in high demand in the below mentioned 8 States of Australia:
- Australian Capital Territory, Canberra
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
What is Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)?
STSOL is an occupation list customized specially for Subclass 190. This list illustrates the shortage of the professions in the states, although every state has their own demand list which works in synchronization with the STSOL. This list is subject to change on the discretion of the Australian government without prior notice, therefore you always need to keep an eagle’s eye on the day to day changes.
Minimum Eligibility criteria to be able to Apply subclass 190 for Australia PR
Subclass 190 was designed to attract young, skilled and competent candidates to fill the labor shortage of the states in Australia. Two things needs to be checked before applying for states in Australia; one is checking your profession on STSOL and secondly securing 65 points out of 100 to be eligible to apply for Australia PR. State Nomination grants you 5 points towards the eligibility points assessment grid. Points are granted on the basis of
- Age: Must be under 45 years
- Educational Qualification: Must be a Graduate degree holder (Equivalent to Australian education standards)
- Work Experience: Must have at least 2 years of working experience
- Language requirements: Must have minimum proficient English
Stepwise process to apply subclass 190
You can track the step by step process mentioned below to apply for Australia Skilled State Nominated Visa Subclass 190:
- Check whether your profession is in STSOL and specific states Demand list
- Ensure you meet the 65 point eligibility criteria as per the point assessment grid
- Get your Skill Assessment done from authorized body
- Prepare and appear for IELTS exam to achieve the required score
- Submit an Expression Of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select online
- Attain an ITA from Australian state or territory
- Apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 and upload documents accordingly
- Medical Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Wait for decision
- Visa Approval
Basic Document List to apply Sub Class 190?
- Passport bio pages and visa pages
- Skill assessment report from a recognized assessing body
- Birth Certificate
- IELTS report
- 2 color recent passport size photographs
- Experience documents as per Australian format
- Educational qualification certificates, mark sheets and degrees
- Marriage Certificate
- Health Clearance certificate
- Police Clearance certificate
Minimum language requirements
You should have minimum proficient language ability in IELTS or PTE in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening to apply subclass 190. Proficient English awards you 10 points to qualify the minimum eligibility point requirement towards the eligibility point’s assessment grid.
The PR processing time of subclass 190 depends on the number of candidates applied and the nature of application according to the profession. Most of the applications are processed within 7-8 months
The visa fee is subject to change without prior information by the Department of Home Affairs. This fee can be paid through online account via Debit/Credit card.
|Independent (Subclass 190) visa (primary applicant)||3755$|
|Dependent Applicant fees 18 and over||1875$|
|Dependent Applicant fees 18 and under||940$|
** Along with the above mentioned fees some other fees are also involved in processing subclass 190, like skills assessment fee according to authorized body, Medical fees, Police Clearance Certificate fees etc.
Why to choose Abroad Pathway to represent your application?
Choosing Abroad Pathway will be considered as one of the best decisions of your life because of the proficiency and genuineness of the company and its staff. Their prompt and easy style of working makes you feel so confident and positive about the whole process that visa approval seems like a cake walk.
The experienced staff specially hired to handle Australia PR cases are skilled in handling all profiles under various subclasses ensuring visa approval to its clients.