Canada Point Calculator
How to Calculate Immigration Points for Canada?
Immigration to Canada is facilitated through various programs run on federal and provincial levels. These programs include Canadian Experience Category, Federal Skilled Trade Program, Provincial Nominee Programs, Federal Skilled Worker etc. These programs are based on two different Point Calculator Systems. If you wish to live, work or study in Canada and meet the eligibility criteria by scoring the minimum specified marks of an Immigration to Canada program that is suitable to your qualifications, you can create an ‘Express Entry’ Profile to show your interest in Canadian PR. Once you successfully create the profile, you will be marked on point based ‘Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)’. Higher the score, greater will be your rank in the Express Entry pool of eligible candidates.
Only those candidates that meet the minimum cut-off marks as specified by the Federal Govt. of Canada will get an ‘Invitation to Apply (ITA)’ to make you eligible to apply for living in Canada as a Permanent Resident.
What are my chances of being eligible for Canadian PR?
- FSW Class
- Express Entry System
Canadian PR Eligibility Points Calculator for Federal Skilled Worker Class
Under this program, you need to score at 2 levels:
- a) 1st step to be eligible for Canadian PR through FSW Program you need a minimum of 67 points out of 100, as defined in the Points Calculator
- b) On clearing the eligibility criteria as per the FSW Points Calculator, you then need to score the minimum required points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Points Calculator. This is the most crucial stage of Canada Permanent Resident visa application.
Discover your eligibility for Express Entry Pool by using our Express Entry Canada Point Calculator
What are the Minimum requirements of Express Entry Program for Canadian PR?
- A valid Proof of Funds: Canadian federal govt. has stipulated a minimum amount of funds that you must have to be eligible to apply for PR in Canada in 2019. You are required to show valid proof of funds possessed by you to help you sustain your family (if any) and yourself for a stipulated time after moving to Canada. There may be an exception to this clause and you may not need to furnish a ‘Proof of Funds’ if you hold an employment offer for Job in Canada or if you can find legal work in Canada.
- Minimum CRS Points for Canadian PR: Post qualifying the minimum eligibility criteria for applying for immigration to Canada, you will enter the pool of candidates who will then be scored on Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) and will be ranked amongst all Canadian PR applicants.
- IRCC Express Entry Draws: Post allotment of CRS scores, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on behalf of the Federal Govt. of Canada issues Express Entry draws. Only those candidates that qualify the cut-off scores for eligibility will be issued an ‘Invitation to Apply (ITA)’. This signifies that if you get the required minimum CRS score, and the ITA, you will be eligible for applying to the Federal Govt. for Canadian Permanent Residency (PR) visa. The 2019 Express Entry draws set the minimum qualifying score at 439/1200 points.
- Important Documents that you will need: You will need to make a set of the requisite documents to be able to apply for Immigration to Canada through the Express Entry program,
Your latest medical certificate
Certificates of Police Clearance
Your Passport and relevant travel documents
Certificate of your Work experience along with any Recommendation
A valid Proof of funds
Canadian Express Entry System: Moving towards a record high ITA in 2019 for Canadian PR!
The Express Entry system run by the federal govt. targeted at skilled and experience workers looking to settle in Canada, manages the pool of applicants for Canada’s immigration programs namely the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). It issued a record 89 thousand +ITAs for Canadian PR in 2018 and aims at a greater number in 2019. We advise you to apply now.
What is the Process for applying to Canadian Express Entry Program 2019?
The Express Entry 2019 is the most beneficial & transparent Immigration program introduced by the Canadian federal govt. for Canadian PR Visa. This system finds the most suitable potential immigrants through CRS. As the name suggests, it is one of the fastest programs for immigration to Canada as a permanent resident and takes around 6 to 8 months for completion of the process.
Broadly, the process is divided into 2 phases:
Phase 1: Creating your Express Entry Profile
Be abreast with all the requirements of Express Entry program- FSWC, CEC, FSTC, ITA, requisite documents, CRS, rejection grounds, re-submission, processing time, IELTS score etc. This process is as quick as you are.
- a) Step 1: Carefully assess your eligibility for the classes under Express Entry program or take the help of an expert Immigration Consultant.
- b) Step 2: Go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Website and find out the National Occupation Classification (NOC) code NOC 0, A or B as per your class of occupation. This is a relatively quick step and takes less than 2 days to identify your NOC code.
- c) Step 3: Appear for your IELTS test to substantiate your proficiency in English. You will need to score a minimum of IELTS 6 bands each in all 4 abilities i.e. reading, listening, writing and speaking the language, to be eligible for Canada PR Express Entry program 2019. The more you score in IELTS, the greater is will be your immigration score. Test results are declared in less than 15 days.
- d) Step 4: At this point, you must get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) done by World Education Services (WES), an institute designated by IRCC for the task of comparing and giving recognition to educational qualifications like degrees and diplomas earned by you outside Canada. ECA has a validity of 5 years from when it is issued. This may take 2 to 3 months.
- e) Step 5: Once you meet all these points, you must make your Express Entry profile with all the relevant details with correct information and support it with authenticated documents wherever required.
- f) Step 6: If you meet all the requirements, you will be placed in the Express Entry pool where you can start looking for a job in Canada. Your profile will be valid for a period of 12 months.
- g) Step 7: You will be ranked amongst others in the Express Entry pool through the CRS and will have to wait for Express Entry Draws.
Phase 2: Submit Your Application for Canadian PR Visa
- a) If you are selected in the draw, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canadian Permanent Residence Visa.
- b) You have to apply within 60 days of receiving the ITA.
- c) A specified list of documents will be solicited and you have to furnish the same within 60 days from the date of receiving the ITA
- d) At this point, you need to pay your fees and submit your Canadian PR Visa Application.
- e) On the basis of all details and other factors, the IRCC may grant you Canadian PR Visa in 3 to 4 months approximately.
- f) Be ready to live in the country of your dreams!
Want Things to be Simpler? Contact our Canada Immigration Experts!