On 13 Oct Canada hold new Express Entry Draw, Canada held another Express Entry draw for candidates who had provincial nominations to apply for permanent residence. Immigration, Refug...Read more...
Subclass 489 (Skilled Regional Visa)
This Subclass is specifically for those potential migrants whose occupation comes under the skilled category and is matching as per the Australian list of demanded occupations and the openings should be available in the particular state of your application. Here the applicant will be nominated by a particular State or Territory but with a minor restriction that the migrant will have to stay and work in that particular region of Australia for 4 years (as per the visa validity). Here also the applicant needs not to have any sponsorship from the Employer or Family Member.
If you are applying under this Visa category, then getting a Work Permit is not required as you don’t need to be sponsored by your employer.
Eligibility For Subclass 489
One Should Must:
- Have an occupation relevant to the Occupation in demand as per the specified Territory,
- Get the Skill Assessment done for that occupation from a Suitable government Body,
- Meet the passing point requirement as per the limit set by the specific Territory,
- Not be more than 45 years old at the time of getting the Invitation from Australia.
- Must score as per the requirement in the Language Competency Examination.
- Have at least 3+ years of Experience in relevant Profile and Education of the applicant,
- Must have either a Bachelor’s or a Master’s or above degree of Relevant Education.
- Be nominated by that particular state/Territory and receive an Invitation To Apply.
The Visa comes with a validity of 4 years which can be extended further after the expiry of its validity
Costing For Visa
Government fee for submitting the Visa application in Subclass 489 is AUD 3,670 which can be calculated in INR as per the current AUD value in INR.
Apart from this, there will be some other government charges that you have to pay for the Skill Assessment of your occupation to the respective government body and the Landing fee. The exact amount for these fees can be checked over the respective government website.