Australia Processing Time
Choosing Australia as your Immigration Destination? Here’s What You Need to Know:
Australia is one of the most popular and sought after immigration destinations in the world. The strong economy of Australia, sound healthcare system, low crime rates, great quality of life, work life balance multi-culture, and beautiful landscapes including beaches, mountains etc. together make it a great package to attract skilled workforce from across the globe to study or work and settle in this great continent-country!
Australian industries present a great demand for skilled workforce. Over 190,000 applicants were given Australian Permanent Residence visas in 2017-18. Again, for 2018-19, the figure is capped at 190,000. This is a great opportunity for you to apply this year itself, before the immigration numbers are slashed with political changes in Australia.
Australia decides on granting Australian PR visasto the most deserving candidates based on a point-based immigration system. Department of Home Affairs (earlier called the DIBP) requiresyou to apply under a suitable category or subclass to be able to be mark and assess you for eligibility to be an Australian Permanent Resident (PR). Each category has a different processing time, which is further affected by individual case factors.
Australian Visa application processing times are affected every month by factors like volumes of applications received, seasonal highs and lows, cases with complexities, and erroneous applications.
Australian PR Visa Processing Time 2019
What is the time taken to process visa subclasses 189, 190 and 489?
The major work visa program for skilled workforce under which you may apply for Australian PR Visa is called the ‘General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program. There are different subclasses of the GSMprogram and application under each subclass takes a different time to be processed. The major subclasses & corresponding processing times under this program are:
- Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189: Processing time taken 6 to 7 months
- Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190: Processing time taken 7 to 8 months
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa or family provisional (TRP) visa subclass 489: Processing time takes up to 1 year
- You are 50 years or less in age
- You have expertise in Basic English
- You fulfill all health requirements
- You meet the specified requirements of character.
- You don’t have any loans to be repaid to the govt. of Australia.
- You are ready to put your signatures on the Australian Values Statement
- a) Take Skills Assessment Test
- b) On getting the required minimum score in your skills assessment, make an EOI in DHA’s SkillSelect program.
- c) Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria for PR Visa 489
- d) Make an application for nomination to your preferred state/territory
- e) On getting the ITA, make your application to DHA. Within 60 days, shift to the region that nominated you and work and stay there for the minimum stipulated time.
- a) You get a Permanent Visa: This entitles you to right of treating Australia as your own country. You can live their indefinitely, travel in an out of Australia at will.
- b) Permanent Work Permit: As you get a visa to live in Australia indefinitely, you also get the freedom to work with an employer of your choice, as per your qualification. This excludes Armed Forces and Public Services, which are strictly & understandable meant for Australian citizens only. The industrial laws are same for PRs and Citizens.
- c) Access to New Zealand: As permitted by the government of New Zealand, Australian PR Visa holders also have the right to freely travel to New Zealand and can apply for New Zealand visa.
- d) Right to Travel: The Australian PR Visa holders can freely travel in and out of Australia till the validity of their visa, which is 5 years. Post that, the visa will have to be renewed. On expiry of the visa, you may still live in Australia but can’t leave it without a Resident Return visa.
- e) Assistance in PursuingEducation: Australian Permanent Residents can choose a course of their choice and can even get education loans to help them manage their finances and education.
- f) Chance to Apply for Citizenship of Australia: On completing 3 years of stay in Australia on your PR Visa, you become eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship.
- g) Citizen by Birth: All children born in Australia to Australian Permanent Residents, by law, become Australian Citizens by birth.
- h) Right to Sponsor: Australian Permanent residents hold the right to sponsor relatives for applying for Australian PR Visa.
- i) Healthcare Insurance scheme: All Australian Permanent Residents get access to Australian Govt.’s health insurance scheme called Medicare that offers comprehensive health coverage.
- j) Social Security Benefits: Once you complete your 2 years in the country on a PR Visa, Australia’s Social Security Department offers Social Security Benefits like sickness care, unemployment funds, student benefits etc.to you.
- k) Support in Buying 1st Home: Australian govt. also offers a support of $7000 on the purchase of your 1st house in Australia along with waiver of stamp duty.
- l) Improvement in Credit Rating: Your credit rating improves on becoming Australian Permanent Resident. It will become easier for you to get home loans, personal loans, and so on.
Understanding the Processing Time for Australian PR Visa Subclasses Individually
1) Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189: Processing Times at each step
Who can apply? If you have the work experience and skills in-demandin Australia, but are not nominated by an employer in Australia or by a member of your family staying in Australia as a PR, visa subclass 189 is for you.
What do you get? On being selected, you get Australian PR Visa to stay indefinitely as a permanent resident.
What is the 189 visa Processing Time 2019?
Step 1: Be sure that your occupation is listed in the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as issued by the Australian Govt. Only those prospective immigrants can apply whose occupations are listed in the SOL.
Step 2: To be eligible to apply, you need to meet all of the following criteria:
Take your test and score a minimum of 65% to be able to apply under visa 189.
The test results will come in 2 to 3 months, though this time may vary depending upon your occupation type.
Step 4: Go ahead with your EOI via the Skill Select Program
Once you make your Expression of Interest (EOI), it may take 10-15 days to get the results. This time may vary depending upon the type of your occupation.
Step 5: Application under Skilled Independent Work Visa (subclass 189)
If you meet all the requirements of the SOL and get the results of your EOI, you are eligible to apply for visa subclass 189 (Skill Independent Work Visa) for Australian PR. Your application may be processed within 1 to 2 months. This may increase as per your occupation type.
Schedule a Call to Know the Processing Time for your Occupation Type.
Step 6: Wait for a decision.
DHA may take months to evaluate and take a decision to approve or review your application for Australian PR Visa. Your Immigration Consultant can get updates on your application status for you.
2) Skilled Nominated Visa subclass 190: Processing Times at each step
Who can apply? If you are a skilled and experienced professional and are nominated by an Australian state/territory, you can apply for Australian immigration under Visa subclass 190.
What do you get? If you are found eligible and if your application is accepted,you can live in the Australian State of Territory that nominated you for at least 2 years.
What is the 190 visa Processing Time 2019?
Step 1: Take your Skills Assessment Test. It is expected to get the results of this test in 3 months. This time may vary depending upon the type of your occupation.
Step 2: On getting the required score, submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select program. Also, for visa 190, you need to apply for Australianstate/territory sponsorship. This process takes around 15 days. This time may vary depending upon the type of your occupation. Call our Australia Visa Team to know your Visa Processing Time
Step 3: On receiving your Invitation to Apply (ITA), you should submit your final application to DHA for being granted with your visa. This process takes 15 days to 1 month to complete.
3) Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 489: Processing Times at each step
The Visa subclass 489 offers a provisional visa for 4 years and requires you to live in a decided region and work there, to make you eligible to apply for Australian PR. The occupation chosen must be listed in the SOL and you must also attain sponsorship from the Australian state/territory where you decide to work and live. The Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa subclass 489 is valid for 4 years, and if you live in the specified region for minimum 2 years and work for at least 1 year, you become eligible to apply for Australian PR.
What is the 489 visa Processing Time 2019?
To sum up, within a period of 1 year from your date of application, your visa may be processed. This varies as per occupation types, visa subclasses and efficiency with which the application for Immigration to Australia is made.
To improve your chances of immigration to Australia through an efficient application process with zero errors and quick response mechanism, take the help of the most trusted advisors for immigration to Australia.
How will you benefit from Australian PR?
Students, professionals and businessmen from across the globe prefer to settle in Australia for a better quality of life, work-life balance, good employment opportunities and more. To enjoy these elements, you need to apply for immigration to Australia and get a Australian PR Visa. Hiring a consultant may make the process cost effective, quick and error free for you.
Let’s look at the top benefits of being an Australian Permanent Resident:
An Expert Immigration Consultant Can Make your Australia PR a Reality! Trust Our Australia Immigration Team to Stand by you from Pre-Application to Post-visa.
Abroad Pathway Immigrations is Delhi NCR’s leading Immigration Consultant that has earned this reputation by delivering success to thousands of Immigration aspirants through offering experienced and expert guidance in relation to all aspects of Australian PR Visa Application and its approval.
Our team of experts will answer all your queries and offer you the best solution with respect to your selection of the right occupation, the subclass you should apply to and all other details that will put you on the pathway to Australian Permanent Resident status.