First SINP draw of 2022 held on 12 Jan. Saskatchewan invited 104 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination. In this first draw of the year 2022, the Saskatchewan Immig...Read more...
British Columbia PNP
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a fast-track immigration pathway for skilled workers, international students, and experienced entrepreneurs to apply for permanent resident status in the province of British Columbia. This allows the province to nominate skilled immigrants to settle in the province as permanent residents and help in the economic development of the province. BC PNP has two major immigration streams for graduates and workers – Express Entry BC and Skills Immigration, with an additional for entrepreneurs to apply for a provincial nomination.
What are the different Immigration Streams under BC PNP?
There are two major immigration streams under British Columbia PNP:
- Skills Immigration (Also include Express Entry BC)
- Entrepreneur Immigration
These streams are also further divided into different sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category: This sub-category allows the skilled workers with a job offer from the provincial employer to apply for BC PNP provincial nomination. You need to have minimum required work experience in a skilled occupation.
- Healthcare Professional Category: This sub-category allows professionals in the healthcare industry like physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses, or allied health professionals with the job offer and work experience to apply for provincial nomination.
- International Graduate Category: This sub-category allows the recently graduated international students from an eligible educational institution in the past three years to apply for provincial nomination. You need to have a job offer to be eligible for this sub-category.
- International Post-Graduate Category: This sub-category is for the graduates who have passed from an eligible educational institution of the province with a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category: This immigration sub-category is for a semi-skilled or entry-level position in various industries like hospitality/ tourism, long haul trucking, food processing, or for those working in a semi-skilled or entry-level position, working and living in the Northeast Development Region of the province.
Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC)
Every Canada PNP has an “enhanced” immigration stream that is in line with the federal government’s Express Entry program. Through this stream, British Columbia can search for skilled candidates in the express entry pool and invite them to apply for a provincial nomination. This immigration stream is termed Express Entry British Columbia (EEBC).
Here are the different BC PNP categories that are managed by EEBC:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
If an express entry candidate gets nominated by the province, a major boost of 600 points is awarded to their overall Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. With these many points, an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is guaranteed in the next round of invitations. ITA allows you to submit your application for Canada PR Visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within 60 days of getting the invitation.
What is BC PNP’s SIRS System?
British Columbia PNP begin the Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) in January 2016. It is a point-based registration system that helps the province to select skilled workers to meet the demands of the labour market. It helps the province to streamline the applications for provincial nomination. Based on your SIRS score, you’ll be ranked in the EOI pool of BC PNP. Your SIRS score is awarded based on the selection factors like your level of education, age, job offer, work experience, etc. Higher ranked profiles in the pool are then invited to submit their application for provincial nomination.
BC PNP also has an immigration category for experienced international businessmen who want to buy an existing business or establish a new business in the province. There are two sub-categories under BC PNP entrepreneur immigration:
- Entrepreneur Immigration Base Category: This immigration category is for business owners or senior managers who want to invest intro proposed business in British Columbia.
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot: This category allows experienced businessmen to run their own business in smaller communities in British Columbia.
Basics of BC PNP Tech Pilot
British Columbia PNP Tech pilot is a fast-track immigration pathway for immigrants with work experience in the technology industry to apply for provincial nomination. To be eligible for BC PNP Tech Pilot, an applicant is required to have a full-time job offer from an eligible employer of the province.
British Columbia’s tech sector is one of the main pillars for the economic growth of the province. The technology sector has had the highest employment rate in recent times. The demand for talent in British Columbia’s technology sector is growing faster than the supply.
To help the labour market cope with this demand, BC PNP introduced a tech pilot. It enables the province to attract new tech talent and retain them to ]help and sustain growth in the tech sector. BC PNP Tech Pilot helps the provincial employers to meet the demands of skilled immigrants by giving a fast-track immigration pathway to in-demand skilled workers and international graduates.
Features Of BC PNP Tech Pilot
The major feature of BC PNP tech is based on timeliness, service, prioritization, and engagement in the response to the demands of the industry:
- Service: A dedicated BC PNP concierge for tech employers provides personalized information and navigation assistance for immigration programs and processes.
- Timeliness: Weekly invitations to apply are sent to skilled technical workers, minimizing the wait for employers and their potential employees.
- Prioritization: Applications for tech pilots are prioritized during processing to meet rapid industry demands.
- Engagement: Ongoing support to technology employers through proactive engagement activities and participation in key industry events.
Note: BC PNP Tech Pilot is not an immigration program under BC PNP. All aspiring candidates need to do is to apply under any existing BC PNP immigration stream and make sure to meet the minimum requirement of that particular stream.
Here is the list of 29 eligible occupations for BC PNP Tech Pilot:
|NOC Code||Job Title|
|0131||Telecommunication carriers managers|
|0213||Computer and information systems managers|
|0512||Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts|
|2133||Electrical and electronics engineers|
|2147||Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)|
|2171||Information systems analysts and consultants|
|2172||Database analysts and data administrators|
|2173||Software engineers and designers|
|2174||Computer programmers and interactive media developers|
|2175||Web designers and developers|
|2221||Biological technologists and technicians|
|2241||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians|
|2242||Electronic service technicians (household and business equipment)|
|2243||Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics|
|2281||Computer network technicians|
|2282||User support technicians|
|2283||Information systems testing technicians|
|5121||Authors and writers|
|5125||Translators, terminologists, and interpreters|
|5225||Audio and video recording technicians|
|5226||Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, and the performing arts|
|5227||Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts|
|5241||Graphic designers and illustrators|
|6221||Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade|
What are the documents required for BC PNP?
Here is the document checklist for you to apply for British Columbia PNP. Getting the right set of documents will help your immigration process and also help in application processing time.
- A Job-Offer Letter
- Evidence that you can support yourself (and your dependents if applicable)
- A valid travel document like a passport
- Documents that show you have or be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada
- Educational certificates (degree, diploma, and certificates)
- Work-Related Reference Letters
- Language proficiency (IELTS)
- Police certificate and clearance
- Civil identity proof (age, name, date of birth must be mentioned)
What is the processing time and cost to apply for British Columbia PNP?
BC PNP calculates the processing time from the date when you have submitted your completed application and is based on 80% of the cases. The application processing time is subject to change based on the program capacity.
Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC – 2 to 3 months
Entrepreneur Immigration registrations/applications (online)
- Registration score notification – 6 weeks
- Application decision notification – 4 months
Candidates need to pay the fee when applying or registering in the BC PNP online application system.
Skills Immigration Fees
|Request for Review||CAD 500|
Entrepreneur Immigration Fees
|Request for Review||CAD 500|