British Columbus Province issued 253 invitations to apply (ITA’s) for general candidates, and at least 75 ITA’s to targeted professions . With the exception of Quebec and Nu...Read more...
Canada Permanent Resident Visa
ASK AN EXPERT
Key Highlights: Jump To –
- Canada Permanent Resident Visa
- Permanent Resident Visa programs for Canada
- 67 points system for Permnanet Resident Visa
- Requirement for Canada Permanent Resident Visa
- Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express Entry Program
- Documents Required for Canada Permanent Resident Visa
- Cost for Canada Permanent Resident Visa
- Processing time for Canada Permanent Resident
Canada Permanent Resident Visa 2022 | Canada Immigration
Why move to Canada ?
There are multiple reasons for an immigrant to move to Canada. One of the major reasons is the desire to have a better life. Canada offers wonderful possibilities for a bright future for the immigrant and the accompanying family members. Major reasons that make Canada the best country to move to from India are as follows:
- One of the safest place to live in
- Canada has targeted to invite 411,000 immigrants by 2022
- Free Public Schooling
- Free Public Healthcare
- Easy to become a Canadian citizen
- Welcoming to immigrants with a multicultural background
- Great Job Opportunities
In this page, we will discuss the best way to immigrate to Canada – Canada Permanent Resident Visa and all the details one needs to know about PR Visa through the following topics:
Best Way to move to Canada – Canada Permanent Resident
Canada Permanent Resident is a type of PR Visa that allows the holder to live, work or study anywhere in the country for a duration of five years. Canada permanent resident holder enjoys the same rights as a Canadian citizen, but only two restrictions:
- Cannot apply for jobs that require high security clearance
- Right to Voten
Reasons that make Canada Permanent Resident Visa the Best way to move to Canada are as follows:
- Can live anywhere in the country
- Get access to Universal Healthcare and Social Services
- Can sponsor spouse and children for Canada Permanent Resident
- Can apply for Canada citizenship after a certain time period
What are the different immigration programs to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa?
There are different immigration pathways for skilled immigrants with different skill-sets. Major immigration programs to apply for Canada Permanent Resident are as follows:
- Express Entry Program: For the skilled immigrants who have applied for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through three Federal economic immigration programs:
All the profiles are submitted together in the express pool. Express entry program manages all the express profiles in the pool through the CRS system.
- Family Sponsorship: This immigration program allows the Canada Permanent Resident Visa or citizens to sponsor their family members/relatives including spouse, children, grandparents, and others to move to Canada
- Provincial Nominees: Provinces and territories in Canada have an immigration program to nominate immigrants for Permanent resident status. Major PNPs in Canada are as follows:
PNPs are the immigration pathways to Canada Permanent Resident Visa for immigrants with a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score less than 400 points and are not able to meet the high requirements of the Express entry program.
- Quebec-selected Skilled Workers: Province of Quebec, has their own immigration program that allows skilled immigrants to move to the province
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP): Atlantic region of Canada through this employer-driven immigration pilot program, select candidate for PR nomination. Atlantic provinces that have participated in the AIPP program are as follows:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Caregivers: Move to Canada by providing care for children, elderly or those with medical needs, or work as a live-in caregiver
- Start-up Visa: Immigrate by starting a business and creating jobs in Canada
- Self-employed: Can move to Canada as a self-employed person in cultural or athletic activities
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: Through this pilot immigration program, smaller communities in Canada can support their local economies
Application processing time can be affected by various factors that include providing the right set of documents, program under which immigrant has applied etc. Express entry program, introduced in 2015, is the fastest immigration pathway to Canada Permanent Resident. For an ideal application, it takes around 6 to 8 months to process.
What is the 67 points system?
Express entry program manages the profiles of the skilled immigrants who have applied for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through three major skilled economic immigration programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
For any immigrant to be eligible to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), they are required to clear the Canada unique 67 points system.
67 points system allows the immigrants to check their eligibility for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Canada PR points that are awarded based on the following selection factors:
- Language Proficiency (Maximum 28 points)
- Education (Maximum 25 points)
- Work Experience (Maximum 15 points)
- Age (Maximum 12 points)
- Arranged Employment (Maximum 10 points)
- Adaptability (Maximum 10 points)
A candidate who is able to score a minimum of 67 points is then allowed to create an express profile through FSWP and get submitted into the express pool.
You can calculate your Canada points with our latest Canada Permanent Resident Visa points Calculator and check your eligibility for Canada Immigration!!!
For those candidates who are not able to get minimum Canada Permanent Resident Visa Points – 67 points, they can improve their score by working on the following points:
- Receive a valid job offer
- Improve their language skills and retake the language test
- Purse higher degree, diploma or certificate
Once, the express profile is in the pool, it is ranked with the help of the CRS system. Through regularly held express draw, higher-ranked profiles are issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Candidate has to submit their Canada Permanent Resident Visa application within 60 days of getting the ITA.
What is the Minimum Requirement to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa?
For any candidate to be eligible for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express entry program, they are required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation that is categorized under National Occupation Code (NOC) skill type 0, A or B
- Must have at least a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a post-secondary institution or secondary institution (high school) that is equivalent to Canadian education
- Must show enough money for themselves and accompanying family members unless
- Currently able to legally work in-country
- Have a valid job offer from an eligible employer
- Must be admissible to Canada
- Must have minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 in all four language abilities (Reading, Speaking, Writing & Listening)
- Have to score a minimum of 67 points in the Canada Permanent Resident points Calculator
What are the steps to apply for Canada Permanent Resident through Express Entry Program?
To apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa through Express entry program from India, candidates only have to follow the below mentioned simple nine steps:
Step 1: Get your Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) certificate
Step 2:Take a language test recognized by the Federal government of Canada like IELTS (International English Language Testing System) for the English language
Step 3:Create an express profile and get submitted into the express pool
Step 4:Can register with Canada Job Bank (Optional)
Step 5:Also can apply for Provincial Nomination Program (Optional)
Step 6:Receive ITA
Step 7:Submit application with a medical certificate and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) to IRCC
Step 8:Receive Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR)
Step 9:Submit Passport for Canada Permanent Resident Visa stamping
What are the documents required for Canada Permanent Resident?
Submitting the right set of documents is a very important step for the Canada Permanent Resident Visa process. It can affect a candidate’s eligibility for Canada Permanent Resident Visa and can also affect the PR application processing time. Documents that are required for Canada Permanent Resident Visa are as follows:
- ECA Certificate: This certificate proves that the foreign education pursued by the immigrant is equivalent to the Canadian education system.
- Language Test Score like IELTS Score
- Valid job-offer (Optional)
- Provincial Nomination Certificate (Optional)
- Medical Report and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Copy of travel documents (like Passports etc.)
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of Settlement funds
- Marriage Certificate (Optional)
- Divorce Certificate (In-case of Legal Separation)
What is the cost to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa?
- Application Processing Fee: CAD$ 825
- Right of Permanent Resident Fee: CAD$ 500
- Including Spouse or partner Fee: CAD$ 825
- Include a dependent Child: CAD$ 225 (per child)
- Biometrics fee: CAD$ 85 (per person)
The cost that is involved with the Canada Permanent Resident Visa application is as follows:
- Getting an ECA Certificate: CAD$ 230
- Taking IELTS Examination: INR 15,000 (approximately)
- Medical Test: INR 5,500 (approximately)
- PCC: INR 500 (approximately)
Other than this candidate is also required to show settlement funds. Following table illustrate the settlement funds required depending on the candidate’ family size:
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required (In-CAD)|
|Each additional family member||$3,560|
These proofs of funds can be shown on an official letter from any bank or financial institution where the candidate has been keeping their money. Letter (s) must:
- be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
- include their contact information (address, telephone number, and email address)
- include your name
- list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
- include, for each current bank and investment account:
- account numbers
- date each account was opened
- the current balance of each account
- the average balance for the past 6 months
What is Canada Permanent Resident Visa processing time ?
Canada Permanent Resident Visa process is a simple and easy process. As discussed above there are various immigration programs, through which candidates can apply for Canada Permanent Resident. Each of these immigration programs has its own application processing time.
Depending on the program candidate have applied under, Canada Permanent Resident Visa processing time varies. An ideal application can take around 6 to 8 months to process; it can also be extended depending on other major factors. Some of the major immigration programs with Canada Permanent Resident Visa application processing time are as follows:
- Express Entry Program: 6 to 8 months
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs): 12 months
- Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP): 12 – 24 months
Why Choose Abroad Pathway Immigration Consultant?
Abroad Pathway Immigration Consultant is ranked among the leading organizations in India specializing in immigration to Canada. The reason for our success is that we treat each case individually and offer personalized advice to our clients. We strive to connect people with our immigration experts so that they can not only benefit from their expertise but also improve their own understanding of how the Canadian immigration system works. Having helped dozens of immigrant applicants turn their dreams into reality, we are able to provide the most competent immigration advisory services in the country.
Whether you are a professional or a student looking to study and immigrate abroad, Abroad Pathway Immigration Consultant can help you achieve your dreams. We strive to build relationships with our clients and that is why we provide in-depth immigration consulting services. This means that your visa application will be processed by professional immigration consultants. In addition, by following their sound advice, you can improve your profile and increase the chances of selection for immigration as a permanent resident of Canada. Give your aspirations the wings they deserve.