BEFORE CHRIST. invited 59 immigrant candidates who work in key technology occupations to apply for a provincial appointment on July 27. The new invitations were issued by BC PNP Tech, w...Read more...
Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program
Key Highlights On this page:
- Express Entry program
- Advantages of FSWP
- FSWP Eligibility criteria
- FSWP points System 2021
- FSWP Process
- Proof Of Funds
- Processing Time and Fees
Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program 2021
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one of the federal economic immigration programs that are managed by the express entry program. It is Canada’s flagship immigration program for skilled immigrants around the world to apply for Canada PR Visa. FSWP program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who wants to move to Canada on a permanent basis.
What is the Express Entry program?
Express entry program allows the federal government of Canada to invite skilled immigrants to submit an application for Canada PR Visa. A point-based system, introduced in 2015; it manages the profiles of immigrants who have registered under Canada’s three main skilled economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
With the help of the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) all the profiles of the above mentioned registered candidates are ranked in the express pool, where they all are submitted together. All the higher-ranked profiles in the express pool are issued Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply for Canada PR Visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Candidates have to submit an application to IRCC with the proper set of documents within 60 days of getting the ITA.
What are the advantages of FSWP?
The main advantage of the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) to apply for Canada PR Visa is as follows:
- For any candidate to be eligible for FSWP, they do not require a connection to Canada. If the candidate is able to meet the minimum requirements of the program, it is an excellent option for the candidates living outside of Canada to apply for Canada PR Visa through this program
- It is the immigration program with the highest percentage of ITAs issued.
But, there is also a potential disadvantage; as if the candidate is eligible under this program it is not sure that they will get an ITA. For this, they have to meet the minimum CRS score required for Canada PR Visa.
What is the eligibility criterion for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
For any candidate to be eligible to apply for PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, they are required to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Work Experience: Candidate must have a minimum of one year of regular full-time work experience in the past ten years in a skilled occupation that is categorized under NOC skill type 0, A or B
- Language Proficiency: Under this factor, the candidate must get a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or IELTS score of 6 per band in each ability (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
- Education: Candidate has to complete at least education that is equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma. For the education that is pursued outside of Canada, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required.
- Settlement Funds: Candidates are also required to show proof of funds to demonstrate that candidate have enough funds to support themselves for the move to Canada
- The candidate also required scoring a minimum of 67 points in the FSWP point grid.
Once the candidate meets the above-mentioned requirements, they can create their express profile in the express entry program. Getting an application submitted into the express pool does not guarantee that the candidate gets the ITA. For that, they have to clear the CRS score cut-off.
What is FSWP point’s Grid 2021?
Before creating the express profile, candidates have to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in FSWP’s point grid. In this point grid, Canada PR points are awarded based on the following selection factors:
Education and Training
If the candidate can get a minimum of 67 points, they can create their profile in FSWP. If they are not able to score the required Canada PR points, they can improve on their score through the following factors:
- Improve language skills
- Pursue Higher educational qualification like degree, diploma or certificate
- Get a job-offer from Canada
Calculate your Canada PR Points for moving to Canada from India through our updated 67 points calculator!!!
What are the steps to apply for Canada PR Visa through FSWP?
To apply for Canada PR Visa from India in 2021, follow the below the simple mentioned steps:
- Check Eligibility: Make sure that the candidate meets all the minimum requirements for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Get all the required documents: To create the express profile, candidate have to get the following documents:
- Identification document (like Passport etc.)
- Language test results like IELTS scorecard
- An ECA Certificate
- Create Express profile: Candidate will be required to submit their credentials and create their express profile.
- Improve CRS Score: If the candidate is not able to meet the minimum CRS score required, they have to work on the factors that they can improve so to increase their CRS score
- Get an ITA: If the candidate clears the CRS score cut-off, they will get an ITA. They have to submit an application with the proper set of documents to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within 60 days of getting the ITA
- Complete medical checkup & PCC: With the application, the candidate has to submit a medical certificate and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
- Application is Reviewed: An Immigration officer will then assess the application for Canada PR Visa and will let the candidate know if any additional information is required
- Receive CoPR: On the successful assessment of the application, the candidate will be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR)
- Get Canada PR Card: Once the candidate gets the CoPR, then they can apply for a PR Card.
What is Federal Skilled Worker Settlement Funds?
As mentioned in the minimum requirement for Canada PR visas, the candidate has to show settlement funds to prove that they are financially capable to support themselves or any accompanying family members when they move to Canada.
The following table illustrates the settlement funds required depending on the size of the family:
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required (In-CAD)|
|Each additional family member||$3,560|
These settlement funds can be shown on an official statement from the bank or any financial institution where the candidate has been keeping their money.
What is the processing time and Fees for Canada PR Visa through FSWP?
IRCC aims to get an ideal application for Canada PR Visa through FSWP to process within 6-8 months of application submission. Application processing time depends on whether the candidate has provided the correct information and the valid documents to support the credentials. They can be asked to again submit the documents or the application can get rejected. That’s why any aspiring immigrant needs to hire an experienced immigration consultant with expert documentation team.
Following table shows the processing fee for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) in 2021:
|Right of Permanent Resident Fee||$490|
|Include spouse or common-law partner (without Right of Permanent Resident Fee)||$550|
|Include a dependent Child (per child)||150|
Why Choose Abroad Pathway Immigration Consultant?
Abroad Pathway Immigration Consultant has one of the most comprehensive and comprehensive immigration assistance programs in the country. Our experts are well versed in all aspects of immigration to Canada and can deal with all matters relating to it. We have an expert documentation team that has helped many permanent resident immigrants move to Canada successfully and start a new life, and we can help you do the same. Just fill out our free evaluation form and we’ll take care of the rest. If you want to know what world-class immigration service looks like, contact us and we will show you exactly why we are the best in the business. Contact us today and move to the country of your dream!!!