Today, the Saskatchewan PNP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) opened its new round of invitations. Saskatchewan has welcomed 1146 immigrants and invited around 82 NOC codes in th...Read more...
Learn All About Tourist Visa for Canada in 2022
- Are you planning on visiting your family or friends in Canada?
- Do you wish to go to the beautiful maple country Canada for tourism?
If yes, you must apply for your standard Canada Tourist Visa for recreational purposes and plan your trip! Here is all you need to know about your Tourist Visa for Canada.
What is the role of Visitor Visa and is it the same as Tourist Visa?
You need a Canada Tourist Visa, also known as Visitor Visa for Canada or Canada Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to travel to Canada as a tourist or to visit family/friends in Canada.
This is an official document that is attached to your passport on approval and allows you temporary immigration to Canada for a maximum duration of six months. In some cases you may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) depending on your nationality, means of traveling to Canada etc. Get a Call Back to Discuss
Once I get a Canadian Tourist Visa, How Long Cam I Stay in Canada?
You can stay up to 6 months after the date of your visa. There are chances that the port of entry, the BSO may increase or decrease this duration from 6 months and mention your return date on a document called ‘visitor record’.
Who Can Apply for Tourist Visa for Canada in 2022?
The requirements are very simple:
- You must be in good health
- You must have a clean track record and no criminal background.
- You need your passport to be valid and not due for expiration in 6 months or less
- You need to prove that you have ties with your home country.
- You need to fully convince the immigration officer that you intend to leave Canada on the culmination of your visa duration.
- You must prove that you have funds to sustain yourself during your stay in Canada.
- In case you are visiting relatives/friends, you must show a Letter of Invitation from them.
- A medical examination may be required in some cases. You must comply.
- You do not intend to work in Canada
Will I be Free to Move In and Out of Canada After Getting my Tourist Visa?
This depends on the type of your Tourist Visa for Canada. There are 2 types of Tourist Visas:
- Single Entry Tourist Visa: You can enter Canada only once with this visa. Once you leave Canada (except for traveling to the USA or St. Pierre and Miquelon) you will need a new visa to enter Canada again.
- Multiple Entry Tourist Visa: With this visa, you can come to Canada for a period of 6 months or go from Canada for that duration on the same visa multiple times. This stays valid for a maximum of 10 years or for a month prior to the expiration of your passport, whichever is earlier.
How Much does a Canada Tourist Visa Cost?
|Visitor Visa per person (Single/multiple entry)||100|
|Canada Tourist Visa Extension||100|
The application process seems simple but for any reason (like incomplete details) if your application is rejected you can apply again only if there is some change in your details. We suggest you consult your immigration advisers to get success in the first go. Speak to Our Canada Guru