Engineers have always been in demand in almost all the countries in the world as with a budding economy the Infrastructure also needs to be developed, therefore, Civil engineers have been in constant demand everywhere. Canada the favorite destination for all aspiring immigrants is a hub of job opportunities with high remunerations for Civil Engineers.
Their talent of planning, designing, developing, and managing projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports, and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. They also specialize in foundation analysis, building, and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics, and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms, and in many other private industries. Other duties performed by them are as follows:
- Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
- Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water, and waste management systems, and structural steel fabrications
- Develop construction specifications and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
- Conduct field services for civil works
- Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules
- Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies, or other investigations
- Monitor air, water, and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
- Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
- Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
- Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
- Supervise technicians, technologists, and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations, and cost estimates.
Also Read About: Apply for Canada Permanet Residence Visa
Civil Engineers have been one of the occupations that are in great demand in Canadian companies as it is the heart of the smooth running of any country. The designations that are included under the Civil Engineers profile are as follows:
- Bridge engineer
- Buildings and bridge engineer
- Chief civil engineer
- Civil engineer
- Civil inspection engineer
- Concrete engineer
- Construction engineer
- Construction project engineer
- Consulting civil engineer
- Structural engineer, civil
- Survey engineer
- Transportation engineer
A talented Civil Engineer with enough work experience can earn a salary ranging between 50,000 CAD – 96,000 CAD approximately. Canada is a country where talent never goes unappreciated.
Below is the list of the salary range of Civil Engineers in various provinces.
- Toronto – Between 68,000 $ – 73,600 $
- Ontario – Between 65,923 $ – 81,291 $
- Vancouver – Between 67,700 $ – 70,400$
- Montreal – Between 68,332 $ – 96,000$
- Calgary – Between 70, 800 $ – 75,000$
How to apply for Permanent Residency (PR) status in Canada?
A Mechanical Engineer can apply for Canada PR under two popular methods – Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The Express Entry program is a federal system that permits the applicant the right to settle anywhere in the country whereas Provincial Nominee Program is a region-based PR status, that is the applicant can stay in that province for which the PR status is achieved for at least 2 years before moving out to settle anywhere in Canada.
Calculate CRS Score for Canada PR Eligibility 2021
Canada calls skilled people having experience in varied profiles listed under NOC O’ A’ and B’ to apply for permanent residency. Here’s a great opportunity to fulfill your dream with constantly dropping Express Entry CRS score targeting at inviting more and more capable applicants by the year 2020. Fluctuating the CRS score along with the rising number of ITA’s issued to candidates in the pool has increased more and more hopes for future applicants still thinking to apply for a Canada PR visa? Your dream is just a step away.
Calculate your CRS Score.
Please fill the below form to help us assist you better.
Apply For PR Status of Canada through Express Entry Program
Express Entry program was introduced in January 2015 to fast-track the process of Immigration to Canada. Applicants, who meet the eligibility criteria of 67/100 under the FSW point calculator, can express their interest in becoming a permanent resident of Canada by creating an Express Entry profile for Federal Skilled Worker whereas under the provincial Nomination Program suitability measures’ are totally different. Once added to the Express Entry pool, applicants will be marked according to the point-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), and this score will decide the candidate’s rank in the pool. People matching the cut-off announced by the Canadian government will then be issued an invitation to apply to move to Canada as permanent residents.
The points are calculated on the following basis of six factors those are:
- Language Proficiency
- Work Experience
After a candidate registers in the Express Entry Program, his application goes into the Express Entry Pool. Which indeed is considered as per the cut-off announced by IRCC, Canada? Once, the cut-off is met then they receive an Invitations to Apply (ITA) which needs to be responded to within 90 days’ time.
Apply For PR Status of Canada through Provincial Nominee Program
Provincial Nominee Programs are mostly applied for those candidates who are unable to score under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) point system due to several reasons, one of the major reasons is Incompetency to score in IELTS. Every province has its own eligibility for the Permanent Residency ( PR) status and that needs to be met to accomplish the PR status for that province.
- Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) selects a candidate if the Express Entry score is 400.
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) selects a candidate if he/she scores 60 points out of 100 points grid under the SINP point system.
- Nova Scotia Immigration Nominee Program wants your occupation to be in demand and an IELTS score of 5
- Manitoba Immigration Nominee Program has its own point grid and the province announces its own cut off which needs to be matched.
- Alberta Immigration Nominee Program demands job offer
How Can AP Immigration Help you?
AP Immigration is a company where you can expect transparency, coordination, patience, knowledge, and genuineness together which indeed is found in very few Immigration companies. The consultants will guide you to select the best country for migration according to your profession along with providing you with various options under which you can apply for your Permanent status. Contact Us today and get a free pre-assessment done along with free consultation.