Canada PR Visa For Chef 2023
Canada is one of the countries in the world that always has an immigrant-friendly policy for skilled immigrants. 80+ immigration pathways can help you to move to Canada. Each of these programs has different requirements and can suit immigrants with different skill-sets.
are the major immigration programs for chefs to apply for Canada PR Visa?
Here are some of the major immigration programs that can help a Chef Canada PR Visa & move to Canada:
Express Entry Program
It’s the fastest way to apply for a Canada PR Visa. It is an application management system for skilled immigrants who have applied under the following economic immigration program:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Immigrants must clear the 67 point eligibility system to apply for this program. Applicants are awarded points based on certain selection factors such as age, work experience, language proficiency, adaptability, etc.
All the profiles in the express entry pool are ranked using a system that awards points to the express entry profile based on the factors and this system is known as the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Based on these points, express entry profiles are ranked in the pool. IRCC then invites the higher-ranked profiles in the express entry pool to submit their application for Canada permanent residency Visa through frequently held express entry draws.
Once an immigrant obtains an ITA, they have 60 days to apply to IRCC.
Nomination Program (PNP):
Each province/territory in Canada has its immigration program which allows them to nominate highly skilled and capable immigrants to live and work in the province and to assist in the development of the province. Each provincial appointment program has different eligibility requirements and criteria based on the demands of the local labor market. There are two ways to apply for the provincial nomination program for a skilled immigrant:
First, you have to go directly to the provincial immigration office. Immigrants who wish to settle in a particular province can apply directly by creating a profile on their immigration website. Once they have created their profile are evaluated based on the eligibility factors. If the profile is selected for a provincial nomination, they must create an express profile and reflect their provincial nomination there.
Second, through the federal government’s express entry program. Applicants must create an Express Profile and show an Expression of Interest (EOI) and select the province in which they wish to settle. Then the candidate’s profile is then sent to the provincial immigration office where the profile will be assessed based on their requirements and eligibility criteria. If the profile is selected, the provincial nomination will be reflected on the candidate’s express profile.
In either case, if the immigrant can obtain a provincial appointment, he is awarded 600 CRS points. These many points effectively guarantee an Invitation to Apply (ITA) to apply for a permanent residence visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Each provincial nomination program has different immigration streams that allow them to nominate immigrants who are specially qualified in a particular field. One of the PNP’s immigration streams is – Occupation in-demand stream that attracts immigrants with work experience in an occupation that is in-demand in the province.
is an occupation in-demand stream?
Each province has different occupations that are in demand in the province. Each immigration office in that particular province publishes a list that contains the names of occupations that are in demand at that particular time in that province. These lists of occupations in demand signify the shortage of manpower in this particular work of the field. Skilled immigrants who have work experience in any of the in-demand occupations can apply under this stream. Each province regularly updates its lists of in-demand occupations and immigrants must be regularly updated about their occupation to be listed.
is a National Occupational Classification (NOC) Code?
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) launched this classification system to recognize and standardize the work experience of skilled foreign immigrants. NOC is a four-digit code that also describes job details in the Canadian labour market.
Each job is classified into the following skill types:
- Skill type 0: This skill level is for management-level jobs such as restaurant managers, mine managers, etc.
- Skill type A: Professional jobs that usually require a degree, such as doctors, dentists, etc.
- Skill Type B: Technical and skilled trades jobs that generally require a diploma or apprenticeship training, such as chef, plumber, electrician, etc.
- Skill Type C: Jobs that do require particular training related to the professions like industrial butchers, etc.
- Skill Type D: Labor-intensive professions that give on-the-job training such as fruit pickers, cleaning staff, etc.
NOC Code for Chef – NOC 6321
to apply for a Canada PR Visa as a Chef?
Here are some of the reasons that make chefs a great job prospect to immigrate to Canada:
- A chef is an occupation that is in high demand across the country.
- Over time, Canada is becoming a very multicultural society, and with the increase in foreign immigrants, the demand for foreign cuisine is also increasing, which increases the demand for chefs in the country.
- Community colleges said they graduated from culinary programs and can find work very easily and some of them can land multiple job offers around the country.
- Chefs who have specialized in gravy boats and pastry making, especially European chefs, are in short supply in Canada, increasing their demand in the country.
- According to The Canadian Federation of Chefs and Cooks, Best-trained chefs and cooks are in high demand across the country.
- The aging demographics of Canada are also adding to the increased demand for chiefs as they will be needed in the facility that caters to the elderly such as retirement homes
are the regions in Canada where Chefs are in-demand ?
Here are some of the main areas in Canada where physicians are in demand:
Vancouver Island and Victoria, British Columbia:
- Chefs are in great demand due to tourism and the large size of the restaurant industry.
- There is a high demand for chefs who have work experience in regional, ethnic, healthy, and vegetarian cuisine.
- Most openings are in family restaurants and specialty food services.
- Opening for chefs that have work experience in regional, ethnic, healthy, and vegetarian cuisine.
- Province’s unions and professional associations include The Hotel and Restaurant Local, the Canadian Culinary Federation, and the Restaurant and Foodservices Association of Manitoba.
Cape Breton and Halifax, Nova Scotia:
- The requirement for chefs in the Cape Breton region during the busy summer months.
- Requests for chefs specializing in foreign cuisine, sous-chefs, and pastry-making is high.
- Shortage of chefs especially during the peak summer tourist season and many resorts are in demand for chefs.
- More opportunities in the Charlottetown area because of the large number of restaurants located in the city, but there are also many resorts outside the city that need qualified chefs.
- Population growth, retirements, and continued growth in the tourism sector in Muskoka and the Niagara region of Ontario are some of the main areas for the increased demand for chefs in the province of Ontario.
- The establishment of a retirement home for seniors increases the demand for chefs in these centers.
- The development of fine restaurants and the major developments planned for the region will be able to create more jobs for chefs.
are the duties and responsibilities of a Chef in Canada?
Chefs mainly plan and direct food preparations, prepare and cook food and specialties. They are mainly used in restaurants, hotels, hospitals, and other health care establishments, etc.
Here is the description of the main tasks that the different chefs must accomplish:
- Direct and plan how the food is prepared and culinary activities of several restaurants that are part of an establishment, chain restaurants, etc.
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets, and specialty receptions.
- Plan menus and ensure food quality standards.
- Recruit and hire staff.
- Supervise the activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks, and other cooks.
- Show equipment to kitchen staff and new cooking techniques.
- Prepare meals or specialty foods and plan menus.
Chefs and Specialist chefs:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods.
- Give instructions to the cooks in garnishing and presentation of food.
- Create new recipes
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- May plan menus
- May requisition food and kitchen supplies