In latest draw Manitoba invited 419 immigration candidates to apply for Provincial nomination on Dec 17, 2020. And Manitoba has now issued 4888 invitations to potential newcomers in 2020.
In this draw skilled worker and international graduates were invited to apply to one of the following three immigration streams:
- Skilled worker in Manitoba
- International Education Stream
- Skilled worker Overseas
There is number of invitations, also known as letters of advice to apply (LAAs), along with their required minimum expression of interest (EOI) Score:
- Skilled worker in Manitoba- 329 LAA with a score of at least 375;
- Skilled worker Overseas- 50 LAAs with score of at least 706;
- International Education stream- 40 LAAs, no EOI Score requirement.
Out of 419 LAAs issued, 37 went to express entry candidates. The MPNP says for the express entry they will refuse any of these candidates who do not have a express entry ID, and a job seeker validation code, and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s in-demand Occupations list.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program only considered skilled worker oversees candidates in this draw if they were invited under a strategic recruitment initiative.
If the candidates scored higher than the minimum ranking, but did not receive an LAA, It could be because:
- Their third- party language test did not have a valid test number;
- Their language test is no longer valid; or
- The candidates were invited under a strategic recruitment initiative, but they did not send a valid invitation number.
And Manitoba provincial nominee program (MPNP) said that candidates who are in one of these scenarios can update their EOI Profile with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw.
In the 17 Dec 2020 draw brings the total number of LAAs issued so far year up to 4,888