Ontario New PNP Draw Update on On February 22.
Ontario invited 773 Express Entry candidates working in targeted occupations to apply for provincial nomination.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP) has invited applicants who may qualify for the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream of Express Entry. These candidates had to have a profile in the Express Entry system with a Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score between 455 and 600.
The 600 maximum is the most points Express Entry candidates can earn without a provincial nomination. Prior to this draw, candidates whose CRS score was above the maximum range would not be eligible to apply for the nomination.
Applicants were required to have at least one year of work experience in the following targeted occupations listed below by NOC code:
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Those who have received an invitation now have 45 calendar days to submit their application to the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program(PNP).
Top-scoring Ontario candidates can now apply
Canada has not held an Express Entry draw for anyone but PNP candidates since September 2021. Immigration Minister Sean Fraser has not given a firm date as to when draws for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) candidates will resume, but recently told business leaders that it would be in the “near future.”
Since then, only PNP candidates have been invited. In all of 2021, Express Entry candidates in Ontario with scores of more than 467 were not invited to apply for a nomination. As a result, some candidates were trying to reduce their scores in the pool in order to get a nomination from Ontario.
According to the new Immigration Levels Plan 2022-2024, Canada plans to welcome 83,500 immigrants this year through categories aligned with Express Entry and the basic PNP. The new targets are higher than the government had forecast in the last levels plan, which was 81,500 PNP immigrants for 2022 and 83,000 for 2023.
This is the biggest draw of the year for healthcare professionals in Ontario, and it features the widest range of scores eligible for Express Entry. There is a difference of 145 points between the minimum score of 455 and the maximum of 600. Ontario’s biggest overall draw was on January 27, when the province invited 1,032 Skilled Trades Stream applicants, a another Express Entry stream.