New Draw of British Columbia held on September 21. British Columbia Invited 74 tech workers to apply for a provincial nomination. Invitations were issued through BC PNP Tech, which is...Read more...
Canada Express Entry Step-By-Step Process From India 2021-2022
Canada Express Entry Step By Step Process from India 2021-2022
- Find out NOC
- Get Your ECA
- IELTS Test
- Check Express Entry Eligibility
- Calculate CRS Score
- Getting into Express Pool
- Receive ITA
- Submitted Application AOR
- Get your CoPR
Used by Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC), it manages the profiles received through three major skilled Canada’s immigration programs. It ranks the profiles of the eligible candidates and invites the highest-ranked profile to apply for Canada PR Visa. Through express entry programs, individuals and their family members can apply for Canada PR and become permanent residents of Canada in a few months.
In this page, we will be discussing how express entry works through the following topics:
- Step-by-Step guide for Express Entry Program 2021
- Minimum requirements to apply for Canada PR through Express Entry 2021
- What are the minimum points do you need to move to Canada?
- What is cost and processing to apply for Canada PR Visa?
- What is PNP’s “Enhanced Stream” for Express Entry Program?
Following are the simple steps to apply for Canada PR through Express Entry programs:
- Step 1: Find out your NOC (National Occupation Classification) Code. Know your NOC code so that you will be able to check whether your experience makes you eligible for express entry in Canada. Your work experience must fall under any one of skill type – 0, A, B, C or D and verify it for the program.
- Step 2: Get your ECA (Educational Credential Assessment). This ECA certificate used to assess the foreign education that is pursued by the candidate to prove that is equivalent to the Canadian educational system.
- Step 3: Take your Language Test. Language proficiency is one of the mandatory factors to be eligible for the express entry program. Based on the results of the language tests, express entry points are also awarded to the profile. IELTS – to prove language proficiency in the English language
- Step 4: Check the eligibility for the Express entry program. Check whether you are able to meet the minimum requirement that makes you eligible to apply for Canada PR Visa through express entry program
- Step 5: Calculate your CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score. To understand how to calculate your CRS score for Canada PR Visa, you must know the basics of the CRS calculator. Points are awarded based on candidate’s credentials like age, language proficiency, work experience, etc.
- Step 6: Getting into the Express pool. Once you have checked your eligibility and have taken your language test as well as the ECA certificate, the next step for you will be to create an express profile and get into the express pool.
- Step 7: Receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply). When you are able to clear the CRS cut-off, then through express draws, the candidate will get an ITA that allows you to submit your application with a proper set of documents for Canada PR Visa to IRCC within 60 days of getting the ITA.
- Step 8: Once the application is submitted, you will be given an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) that shows the application is under process. It can take around 6 to 8 months to verify all the documents and background checks conducted by IRCC.
- Step 9: Get your CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident). On the successful evaluation of the application, you will be issued the CoPR that confirms that you have become a Canadian permanent resident.
Minimum requirements to apply for Canada PR through Express Entry
Express entry program manages the profiles of the candidates registered under following immigration programs –
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) – Is for qualified tradespersons with recent experience in a listed occupation
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC) – is for people with recent skilled Canadian work experience
Provinces in Canada can also select skilled immigrants from the express entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNPs) in order to meet the needs of their local labour market.
- Candidate must score a minimum of 67 points for Canada PR Visa. Points are awarded based on selection factors like age, education, work experience, language proficiency, arranged employment and adaptability.
- Minimum one year of work experience in the last ten years in a skilled occupation categorized under NOC skill type 0, A or B
- Under language proficiency, minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 in all four abilities (Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening) is required
- If the candidate has foreign education (outside of Canada), an ECA is mandatory to show education is equal to the completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution
- Have to provide proof of funds to show that candidates will be able to support themselves and accompanying family members financially for their move to Canada.
- Candidate must be admissible to Canada
Proof of funds
Candidates who have applied for Canada PR Visa through FSWC or FSTP, they have to show some proof of funds to ensure that they can support themselves (or any accompanying family member) financially for their move to Canada. Following is the table that illustrates the settlement funds required:
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required (In-CAD)|
|For each additional family member, add||$3,560|
What are the minimum points do you need to move to Canada?
As discussed above, to be eligible for FSWP for Canada PR visa, the minimum points requirement is 67 points out of 100. Once the candidate is able to score the 67 points or more, then they can create their express profile and get submitted into the express pool.
In the express pool, profiles are ranked according to their CRS score. The highest-ranked profiles are then issued an ITA to apply for Canada PR Visa. To get an ITA, the candidate must have to clear the CRS score cut-off. In the latest express draw, the minimum CRS score requirement was set at 478 points. This means the profiles in the express pool with 478 points or more were issued the ITA in the latest express draw to apply for Canada PR Visa.
However, note that the CRS score cut-off is not pre-determined. They are subjected to change with each express draw held. That’s why there is no strict number of points written to get the Canada PR Visa. But through the previous express draws held, they can give the candidate an indication of the minimum points required for Canada PR Visa.
What is cost and processing to apply for Canada PR Visa?
Following table illustrates the minimum cost to apply for Canada PR Visa:
Before Entering the Pool
|Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)||CAD $230 – 500 (Approx)|
|Language Test||INR 14,000 (Approx)|
|Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)||INR 500 (Approx)|
|Medical Report||INR 5,500 (Approx)|
|Right of permanent residence fee||$500|
|Addition of accompanying spouse/partner||$825 for processing fee; $500 for the right of permanent residence|
|Addition of dependent children||$225 per child|
Now, we will talk about the application processing time under the Express Entry program. It was introduced to streamline the process for Canada PR and provides the fastest pathway to Canada’s permanent residence. For the candidate who has the ITA, and has submitted their application for PR Visa to the IRCC, the ideal application processing time is around 6 to 8 months. But, there are some points that can extend the processing time and is something that one should take care of:
- There are some candidates who get the ITA as they enter the express pool, depending on their CRS score cut-off. Therefore, there will be some who get the ITA months later, or not at all.
- Some candidates can submit their application as soon as they get the ITA. Also, there will be some who will require the 60 days allocated for the same.
- The average time taken by IRCC is 6 months, but it can be done before the six months or can take longer.
What is PNP’s “Enhanced Stream” for Express Entry Program?
Every province (except Quebec) and territories have an immigration pathway known as Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), which allows them to nominate potential skilled immigrants for permanent resident status in the respective province. This way provinces are able to meet the demands of their local labour market.
Every PNP has a different number of streams to target candidates with work experience in different fields of work and skill-sets. One of those PNP’s streams is an “Enhanced Stream”. Through this stream, PNPs are able to search for the required skilled immigrants in the federal government’ express pool. This allows the express entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination certificate.
If an express entry candidate is able to land a provincial nomination, they are given a major boost of 600 CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) points. This man points effectively guarantees that the candidate is able to get the ITA to apply for Canada PR Visa to the IRCC.
It is one of the major ways that can help candidates to improve their CRS scores if they are not able to meet the minimum points required to apply for Canada PR Visa. Some of the other ways to improve the CRS score are as follows:
- Siblings living in Canada as a Canadian Citizen or as a permanent resident. In this case, the candidate can get an extra 15 CRS points.
- French language proficiency ( Second language proficiency). If the candidate is able to prove proficiency in both language – English and French, extra CRS points are awarded to bilingual candidates and there are some PNPs that only accept French-speaking candidates
- Improve on the score of the language test. The minimum IELTS score required for Canada PR Visa is 6 per band. If the candidate improves on their score on the IELTS examination, they can get extra CRS points for the same.
- Can go to gain more work experience. Extra work experience will help the candidate to get CRS points under the Skill transferability factor. CRS points will automatically be updated when the candidate is able to reach a new threshold of work experience.
- Pursue a higher level of education. If the candidate is able to gain more education, it results in getting more extra CRS points.
- Get a Valid job-offer. Having a job offer from an eligible Canadian employer can award the candidate with extra CRS points ranging from 50 to 200 CRS points depending on the skill type level of occupation under NOC.
- Spouse or common-law factors. In case the candidate is moving to Canada, with their spouse or common-law partner, they can get the candidate extra 40 CRS points depending on their language proficiency, education level, and Canadian work experience.
Why Choose Us?
By choosing Abroad Pathway Immigration consultant as your immigration consultant for Canada PR Visa, you will have the advantage of having your immigration application processed by professionals who have intimate knowledge of provincial and federal immigration requirements. They will be able to guide you through all stages of the process and ensure that your application receives the attention it deserves.
We have helped dozens of professionals and students from across the country make their immigration dreams come true and thrive by providing the best advice to our clients.
Contact us today to benefit from our services of immigration experts.