Processing Time For Canada PR 2023
Canada immigration is one of the world’s easiest and most simple immigration processes. There are several immigration programmes that will allow you to apply for a Canada PR visa, each program having different requirements and different Canada PR Processing time . With an average processing time of 6 – 9 months, the Canada Express entry program is the quickest immigration program for Canada PR Visa.
Some of the major factors that affect your Canada PR Visa processing time are as follows:
- Your application type
- Incomplete application
- Submission of requisite documents
- Provision of correct credentials and verification documents
Entry Processing time
It is the most popular immigration program for Canada PR Visa, with an ideal application that takes around 6 to 8 months to process. Introduced in 2015, it is an application management system managing the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for PR Visa through the following immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Following are simple steps to apply for PR Visa through the Express entry program –
- Check your eligibility
- Create your express entry profile
- Receive a CRS score
- Get your ITA
- Submit your PR application to IRCC within 60 days
Also Read About: Documents Required For Canada PR Visa
Nominee Program Processing time
Another alternative to Canada PR Visa is through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). You just have to submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the province you want to settle in. Every province in Canada has this immigration program (except Quebec). If you get a provincial nomination, you will be awarded 600 CRS points.
PNP PR visa processing time depends on whether you have applied through the Express entry program or any other PNP stream. You should expect a processing period for the initial application to the province, plus an additional processing period for the final application to the federal government for permanent residence.
Most PNPs have reduced their processing times to months or even weeks. For Express Entry requests, the federal processing time for most requests is six months.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) is for skilled immigrants who want to move to the province of Quebec. The average PR Visa application processing time under QSWP is around 12 to 16 months.
are the factors that can increase your Canada PR Visa processing time?
Some of the major reasons that can affect your PR Visa processing time and can result in the delay of your pr application are as follows:
- Error in payment fees: Canada PR Visa requires you to submit a certain amount as processing fees. If you are not able to pay the fees, it will result in the delay of your pr visa process.
- Not providing the correct size photo: If you can’t submit the correct size of the photo, your PR visa application can be returned.>
- Not able to provide the right set of documents: It is vital to submit the right set of documents for the PR Visa application, if not it can result in a delay in your application.
- Incomplete PR Visa application When submitting your application, be sure to follow the application checklist diligently to avoid any delay in processing time. In a worst-case scenario, the verifying officer may believe that you have submitted false information or that you are trying to manipulate the process, resulting in further delays.
Express Entry System:
Express Entry verification process stands at 6 months. However, this may increase up to 9 months on a case-to-case basis…Read more
Provincial Nominee Program:
Quebec Skilled Workers Program:
The QSWP has a separate entry process than all the PNPs and the federal entry program. The average processing time… Read more