Canada PR Visa For Food Technologists
There is good news and then there is even better news. Let’s start with the good news; the food manufacturing industry in Canada is large and continues to grow. Now you might be wondering how this good news is to me? However, it turns out that Canada needs immigrants to fill vacant positions in its labor market, particularly in the food industry. In other words, if you are thinking about immigrating to Canada, there are literally thousands of jobs in Canada for foreign workers in food production; From harvesters to factory workers to butchers to general farm workers, the opportunity is plentiful. There is even more good news for you if you want to apply for Canadian permanent residency by having work experience in the food processing industry. Through specially designed immigration programs such as the Agri-Food Immigration Pilot (AFIP) and the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP), the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) seeks to fill the gaps in its growing labor market by offering permanent residency. to its dedicated foreign workers who work hard in Canada. Let us take a look at the job-opening in the food industry and what are the various immigration programs that will help a food technologist to apply for Canada PR Visa.
are the jobs for Food technologists in Canada?
It takes only a quick online search to check for the hundreds of job-opening in Canada for food technologists. The key is to find the right position in the right province that will be of greatest benefit to your goal of becoming a permanent resident in Canada. The two most important things to apply for permanent residence are a valid job offer in a profession that Canada needs and actually being eligible to apply for permanent residence.
- Machine Operator- No specific training is required for these positions as on-the-job training is often provided, but the previous experience can be helpful. Salaries vary depending on the level of expertise required to operate the machines but are typically between CAD 13 and CAD 22 per hour.
- Food production workers – from sausage packers to mushroom sorters, jobs at various food manufacturing facilities still require a lot of human capital. Wages are around CAD 17 an hour
- Equipment Cleaner – Hygiene is very important, especially in countries like Canada with strict health codes and regular visits by health inspectors. Equipment cleaners earn about CAD 15 an hour.
- Food Processing Supervisor – Identifying, assessing, and controlling hazards during the food production process requires responsibility, and salaries reflect this. Food production supervisors earn an average of CAD 33 per hour.
- Control / Quality Assurance Officer – maintaining and ensuring that standards are met is a critical role, especially in the food industry, as mistakes can damage the reputation of companies. QA agents typically earn around CAD 24 an hour.
- Industrial Butchers – depending on experience, you can earn between $ 18 and $ 30 an hour as an industrial butcher in Canada. It is one of the most in-demand professions right now, industrial butchering is a difficult and respected profession that few Canadians enter, which is why the IRCC specifically targets foreign workers in this profession for permanent residence.
- Retail Butchers – the more glamorous division of the profession, the packaging of meats, and the interface with customers is the order of the day. Salaries range from $ 16 to $ 20 per hour depending on experience and responsibilities.
and Supervisors Jobs
Although these jobs do not strictly come under the food processing sector, they are included in the AFIP immigration programs and therefore they’re also worth observing if you want to become a Canadian permanent resident.
- Farm and livestock supervisor – Only a high school diploma is required, but the experience is key to earning a good salary in this profession. Your hourly income potential will be between CAD 18 and CAD 28 per hour depending on your level of experience and ability. A healthy and rewarding career as a farm supervisor might await you in such beautiful countryside. Going to work will not be a job, it will be a pleasure. Bring your experience or start from the bottom as a general laborer. In Canada, you get paid for your hard work and it does not go unnoticed.
- General farm worker – the latter can also take on the role of the harvester. If you get a job offer as a harvester, the key is to get a permanent job, as many offers are seasonal. A good permanent position will pay between CAD 12 and CAD 21 an hour. No qualifications are required, but as you will cultivate and cultivate crops, qualifications will mean better wages and one step closer to the position of supervisor.
to move to Canada as a Food technologist?
First, we will look at the Express Entry program, as it is the main route of immigration to Canada. Here are the steps to apply:
- Go to the IRCC website and complete the Express Entry form. Provide details about yourself like age, education, work experience, language skills, etc. Make sure you submit the correct documents to be processed quickly.
- Once your CRS score is calculated, you should see how your odds of immigrating are based on the last Express Entry draw and try to get your highest possible CRS score.
- One of the ways to do this is to find a job. Once your Express Entry profile has been selected, you will be registered in the Express Entry job pool. You can use it to search for a suitable job and improve your chances of immigration.
- Now you should check if your job is in high demand and consider applying through the Occupy In Demand feed if it is. Our recommendations speak to our experts before you do.
- After you have done all the necessary things to apply through Express Entry, you must also apply for the PNP. Doing this will help you to increase your chances of getting selected.
- To do this, go to the website dedicated to provincial immigration and follow the same application procedure as you did in PNP. If you are selected, you will receive a provincial nomination which will guarantee your immigration.
- Now you have to wait for the Express Entry draws. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation to apply. Once you have this you will have 90 days to apply for an RP visa after which you will have 1 year to move to Canada