This is a surprise Canada Express Entry draws in two consecutive weeks. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held its second draw of January 18, 2023. IRCC has now invite...Read more...
Canada PR Visa For Teachers
PR Visa For Teachers
If you are a teacher and want to move to Canada, there is good news for you! Teachers are one of the in-demand occupations in Canada and you may be able to get a Canadian PR Visa to Canada with or without a job offer.
You will no doubt have read online that having a job offer to relocate to Canada is a prerequisite for entering the Express Entry process, but as an elementary school teacher, you have other options as well. to get your Canadian visa early on.
All the candidates who have Teachers as their profession are eligible to apply for a Canada PR Visa under the Canadian government’s immigration program due to the demand for teachers in Canada so great that they have included the profession on the list of targeted occupations, known as the Occupation in-demand list.
To Apply for Canada PR Visa as a Teacher
Following are the simple steps you must follow to move to Canada as a teacher:
- Find your NOC code and employment level on the CIC website;
- Choose the province or territory you want to move to;
- Check with your local school board for international requirements for:
- Diploma required in education;
- Provincial teaching certificate;
- Certification to teach in a second language like English or French;
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers’ association; and
- Work reference letter
- Apply for an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) if necessary;
- Look for a job in Canada before immigrating
First, find out the NOC code your job matches under. You can check this on the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada website.
Express entry program provides you with an immigration pathway to apply as a teacher. Keep in mind that processing times vary from country to country and can be as short as four months or up to eight months depending on your case.
A teacher as defined by the Canadian government falls into these main categories:
- Supply teacher;
- ELS teacher;
- Professor of biology; and
- Teaching assistant;
- Remedial help;
- Education resource assistant; and
- Teaching aid;
Second, you need to know which province you plan to become a teacher in. Different educational councils in each country control who can legally teach there.
One of the most common ways to migrate to Canada as a teacher is through the Skilled Worker Stream, which is a federal immigration program that is administered under the Express Entry.
You can also try to qualify for a provincial nomination under one of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). Such an appointment almost guarantees you a place in Canada.
If you successfully receive an appointment, you will get an additional 600 points under the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System), these many points are more than enough to get invited to apply for permanent residence in the country.
to find a teaching board in Canada in 2023?
To teach in a province or territory, the teaching board, College of Teacher, or other similar institutions are responsible to provide a license, for example, the Teacher Regulation Branch is responsible for the province of British Columbia. They decide who is a qualified professional according to the strict regulations in force in the region.
Because each province is different, it will have its own set of requirements to meet. Some of them are that you must have:
- Completed a training program that meets Canadian standards;
- Must have a completed university degree that lasted at least three years;
- Meets all language requirements in English or French;
- Qualified for a provincial teaching certificate
- With a clear academic record that includes your fields of study; and
- Two years of experience working with children
Note: In case you have not done an education program that is accepted by the federal government, you may not be eligible for a teaching certificate.
To solve this problem, you can usually apply for a course at one of the many teaching universities in Canada. Just be sure to apply to accepted Canadian educational institutions.
This teaching certificate allows you to teach from Kindergarten to 12 years old. You should also know that if you are eligible for a teaching certificate in one province or territory, it does not mean that you can teach in another province or territory in Canada. There are different rules and regulations for each of them.
The following teaching positions generally do not require a teaching certificate.
- International language teachers;
- Continuing education teacher for adults;
- Educational assistants;
- Early childhood daycare teachers;
- Teachers in private schools may be certified by the college or institution;
- Community teachers usually have a master’s degree if they teach full time;
- University professors do not need to be certified by the College, but must have a master’s or doctoral degree;
- English or French as a second language teacher, you must have a TESL or TFSL certificate to teach at a university, college, or non-profit organization;
- Music teachers;
- Private language teachers; and
- Montessori teachers
to find a teaching job in Canada?
When you apply for a job, you will likely need a reference letter. This is a document that proves your previous work experience and normally contains recommendations from your former employers.
You can also use this reference letter if you want to apply to graduate school, especially if you are applying for a grant or scholarship sponsor. Remember to leave enough time for your employer to write a letter recommending your skills and work experience.
A job offer from a Canadian employer can help boost your visa application, especially under the Express Entry system. Since most educational credentials are at least NOC job level A, you can earn an additional 50 CRS points if you get a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
Having a valid job offer also makes you more viable for the Canadian immigration office.
If you are looking for job search sites for teachers, you can apply on any of the following sites.
- Education Canada;
- Canadian Job Bank
We know that the application process can be particularly difficult to understand. Now you don’t have to worry. By using our service, you have access to our CRICs (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants), who are experts in the Canadian immigration system. We are here to answer any questions you may have regarding the application process and not only will tailor a package specifically to your needs, but we will ensure that all documentation is completed correctly and submitted on time. Apply with us today to start your journey to Canada. Zero worries, zero worries.